Sunday, July 29, 2007

Meanwhile..........................

I didn't realise how long it had been since I posted. I keep composing entries in my mind whilst driving to work or walking the dog but apparently they just never make it onto the computer. There has been knitting going on but I have no pictures just now. I have two bags being felted and a big project which I will show later. I have yet to start the mystery stole but I am enjoying watching other knitter's progress. I suppose it is kind of cheating as I will be able to decide based on these hints as to it's direction if I actually want to knit it at all....so far the answer is yes but not as a priority. There are cardi's in the next issue of Interweave Knits that my needles are itching for. Particularly the Tangled Yoke and the Counterpane.
The weather is a little better today and I have actually mown the lawn. One of our apple trees (okay we only have 2) seems to alternate between 3 apples and a million.
Last year we had 3.
Unfortunately they are not as good to eat as they look so I can look forward to endless sessions of preparing them for freezing.
Last Sunday was nice too. Isabel and I went to Cromford Mill. I love it there. There is a lovely coffee shop with home made vegetarian food, a junk shop, a quilting shop which used to sell a bit of wool but doesn't any more, an art gallery and a couple of gift shops. Across the road is a canal side walk and another coffee shop that sells wildlife stuff like bird feeders. I recommend a visit.

The water was really high.

Isn't it amazing where buddleia spring up

No comments: