Thursday, July 12, 2007

Seuss

Yesterday Millie and I went to see Seussical the Musical at the Playhouse in Nottingham. Millie loves going to the theater so I was really concerned when she threw a complete wobbly when we took our seats. They were in the stalls fairly near the front and I think that was the problem...she was scared of what was going to happen. I took her to the toilets and delayed as long as possible but she was crying that she wanted to go home and play with her toys. When I heard the music start I persuaded her to peep round the door, then to go and stand at the back but she was still really upset and crying that it was too loud. Well, at the end of the first song - which was a bit loud, she decided she was happy to sit down for a while - as near to the back as we could find seats. From then on she enjoyed it and I must say it was fabulous! I found out the following day that it was an amateur production....but you would never know. It was very slick and the costumes where excellent.

No comments: