Sunday, July 15, 2007

English Weather!

No wonder English people are reputed to talk about the weather all the time....there is always something to talk about!!!! Yesterday afternoon we passed the time sitting in the sunshine in the garden of Ilkeston Museum listening to the Springfield Jazz Ensemble, today we were traipsing through rain and mud at Attenborough Nature Reserve. The jazz yesterday was lovely, the afternoon's entertainment was free with refreshments at 30p a cup or a cake. I bought a paperback copy of 'Brown Owl's Guide to Life' for 50p and lost £1.00 on a tombola stall. The only problem was I FORGOT MY KNITTING! I rang James and asked him to bring it as I was at work in the morning and we were meeting in Ilkeston but HE FORGOT MY KNITTING! I had to sit there for 3 hours.....well about half an hour before the end I realised I had an i-cord bag handle in my bag which I could finish. I leapt on it joyfully but it was soon done. Nothing to do but tap my feet in time to the music.

No comments: