Sunday, July 8, 2007

Here is the knitting


Two Mason Dixon washcloths. The white one is some dishcloth cotton bought at Woolfest, the green is Rowan. Both are intended as gifts accompanied by nice soaps.

Now we have the Swallowtail shawl from Interweave knits in a fine Alpaca from a spinner in Loughborough which is fairly near here. It's blocking over the back of the setee in the conservatory so may look a little out of true but I think it's okay in real life.
Here is a close-up. Can you see the nups? Little blighters!I don't seem to have achieved the nice deep scalloped edge. I guess it's a blocking thing. Perhaps I should try again. I'm not exactly waiting to wear it as the weather seems to have taken a turn for the better -tempory I expect.

2 comments:

Ang said...

oh that swallowtail is looking beautiful!

Kathleen said...

Your swallowtail looks lovely. Don't you worry if you have a mind to you will be able to get your swallowtail much pointier and more scallopy should you prefer.