Saturday, July 7, 2007

Mysterious knitting

Along with around 6000 other knitters around the world I have joined the
mystery stole kal promoted by pinklemontwist. I only just made it to the sign up deadline so I don't even have the yarn yet whereas several thousand people are already well on the way. How amazing that so many people are willing to risk knitting time on something unknown which will only gradually be revealed. Is it like mass hysteria or a fear of missing out? Well, so far all the photos I've seen in the yahoo group and the Angel Yarns Forum look beautiful so I can't wait to chose my yarn and get cracking!
I had a bonus day with Millie today. Isabel is looking after her for the weekend whilst Rosemary writes an essay for the O.U. course she is studying (History of Art) so they came over here and we did some gardening before heading off for lunch at the local garden centre and some light shopping at one a little further afield that has more plant choice.
It seems there has been little evidence of knitting on here lately. I have however finished a) socks - on holiday which Isabel wore straight away so didn't get photographed and were only plain anyway. b) 4 Mason Dixon washcloths - all for gifts but awaiting blocking c) A swallowtail shawl in brown alpaca also waiting to visit the blocking fairy, maybe that's tomorrow's mission. Watch this space.

No comments: