Sunday, July 1, 2007

WOOLFEST

Here are some tops I bought for felting. They are mainly merino but the plum is Norwegian.

The copper embellishments were from Ruth Lee's stall. They are made by her partner.
One stall was selling bargain balls of handspun. Both Isabel and I bought a few balls each and some oak handles to make a bag. There is also a skein of sock wool some dishcloth cotton and some vintage Rowan buttons.

There were alpaca, sheep of many different varieties and angora bunnies too.

I'm not terribly clever at colourwork but I still fell for this Jamiesons kit. I'm not sure yet what I will do with it but I love the colours. I also bought a bargain ball holder from KCG which is always one of my favourite stands, along with a Susan Bates counter device. There is also some vintage sock needles and a pastry brush pyrographed with a sheep.
We had a lovely, if tiring day and in the evening we went to a local hotel in Dalton, where we were staying to have a meal in celebration of Isabel's birthday. It was the most delicious, well presented food and only £9.95 for 2 courses. We would highly recommend it - The Chequers Hotel

1 comment:

Ang said...

oooh what wonderful wool! sounds like you had a great time on your holiday too.