Saturday, August 18, 2007

SP 11 Questionnaire

At last I have a little time to answer the SP11 questionnaire. Sorry for my delay. I have been knitting.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I prefer natural fibres especially alpaca. Anything soft and friendly really but not that eyelash/furry stuff.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have my dpn's and circulars in a flat basket and my straights in a knitting bag bought for me many years ago in a conspiracy by my older daughter and my mum who sent me off when we were all out shopping together. It is ratty now but very precious
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
For how long see my avatar. This really is me aged about 7 long long ago. I didn't take to it much at first but have knitted pretty much regularly since I was a teenager although only became compulsive when Millie was an embryo - almost 5 years ago. I am pretty experienced
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon list here.
5. What's your favorite scent?
I love flower perfumes especially rose.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh yes! Dark chocolate, also turkish delight.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I love feltmaking although it has been neglected lately. I have a collection of bits for scrapbooking but I never really do it. I don't spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I don't listen to music much, I'm such a philistine. I like to listen to audio books or comedy programmes

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love greens and blues, plum, rust, brown. I don't like royal blue
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my long standing rather faulty husband and a crazy cross breed dog -Lily from a rescue centre. We have 2 grown-up daughters. The older has a daughter of her own who is nearly 4 who we care for 3 days each fortnight. The younger one lives with her boyfriend and is studying for a degree but has a job already as a fundraiser for the Wildlife trust.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves yes, hats not so much, Mittens deffinately (fingerless ones) ponchos, sorry I was around when they were first popular so nope.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I always have socks on the go as a transportable project but I knit all sorts and don't really have a favourite. I don't really like knitting toys but will do so for a certain child.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks ( of course) Icarus
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Most certainly.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer plastic straights, as short as possible but my favourite sock needles are ebony. I am using an Addi circular lace needle for Icarus and finding that very successful.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a vintage swift that is so useless I hang things from it (bakelite bracelets mostly)
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
See the avatar. No seriously I used to say the 'My Little Pony' Cardigan I started for Isabel 20 years ago then I realised i don't actually have it anymore. I don't think I have anything old and unfinished unless I have erased it from my memory (quite likely)
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Last June we had a week in a bungalow in the Lake district, we all went and on the last day Isabel and I went to Woolfest. That has to be pretty much my favourite holiday
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Vintage knitting stuff, sheepy stuff.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I subscribe to Yarn Over, Interweave knits, Knitting and Simply Knitting.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I wish I was better at colourwork.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am a sock knitter, though mostly for the daughters and their partners. I take an English size 4 continental 37
23. When is your birthday?
May 2nd
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
There are 4858 people ahead of me!

No comments: