Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Bags and rags

Dishrags that is. Why is it that people ask what I am knitting when the answer is 'a dishcloth' and why am I embarrassed to give that answer? Is it because people invariably retort 'but you can buy one for 45p from Wilko's' ? Yes I know you can....and???
Here is one I made earlier for a swap. It's left for America and yes I did look shifty when I had to complete the customs declaration.

Isn't it lovely and spring like? isn't it nicer than one from Wilko's?

I don't know what it is with these two bags but my second attempt at photographing them hasn't turned out much better than the first but as they are also in the post these will have to do.

This is knitted in Wendy Fusion and slightly fulled. I wish I had photographed the other side too as there is a flash of blue. I love these colours. I bought the yarn in Boyes in Kirkby-in-Ashfield at £1.50 a ball. It's gone off to Chile.

This is the brother of the one I made for Isabel. Blue faced Leicester wool with a red enamel button to fasten. This one is off to the USA.

No comments: