Sunday, June 17, 2007

Please cross everything!

I recently found in the Tesco deals book that I could trade in the last club card vouchers I earned, value £5.00 for £20.00 off the entry fee for The World of Beatrix Potter (see now I can do those blue boys they may become widespread!) Only I couldn't find the rotten vouchers. I have searched in all the usual suspect places but today, having a pretty major tidy-up (okay, yes, we had visitors) I FOUND THEM! I have ordered the vouchers and it says they are usually dispatched in one working day......but can I trust them?? So please cross a few fingers because they ain't going to be much use if they don't arrive before we leave. The visitors? Well it was Father's Day so we had Rosemary and Millie, Isabel and her James for tea. Lovely! Especially as the Grand Prix was so resoundingly won by Lewis Hamilton! My own Dad would have loved that. He always watched the motor racing. The whine of the T.V. coverage is one of my enduring Sunday afternoon memories. The latest in the list of places we must go next week is Ambleside to see the Bridge House as Millie was playing with the Lilliput Lane cottages and brought the model of that one to show us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

M,
I mailed your package yesterday, one day late, but I hope you like it :) I sent it ground and they said 7-10 days. I appologize that it'll take so long, but if you get antsy and don't want to be suprised you can visit the blog from Sunday and see photos of the kit :)
I like having a 'friend' overseas to peek in on, so if you ever want any american goodies, let me know and I'd be happy to share!
Jenny