Saturday, June 16, 2007

Double Millie

This was the week Millie and I get together twice, Monday and Wednesday. Well despite her suggestion that we visit Attenborough two days in succession I decided it was about time we sorted out a new car seat for her as she was still using the one she had from birth. The style of seat is meant to last up to 4 years but she was beginning to look a bit like an upturned turtle.Her first question when I suggested going to buy one was, of course, 'Can it be pink?' Well I had been looking for that very colour and had to tell her it was very unlikely. However, as soon as we got into Mothercare what did I see shining out from the top shelf? Yea....a vision of pink plushness which I said to myself was probably going to be priced over £70 and could I justify that or how did I tell her'no'? Well, seeing her face when she spotted it there was no way I could have refused and IT WAS ONLY £35....one of the cheapest. Well I assume so, we didn't really look at any more, just bought it and left. She didn't even want to look at the toys!

On Wednesday we went to the garden centre at Risley. Millie enjoyed feeding the animals but I must admit to some concern about how they are kept. Still, it's a working farm as the many signs point out so maybe it's okay.

Seemingly out of the blue Millie asked me how pencils are made and I fell right into her trap by saying 'oh, when we go on holiday there is a place where you can go to find that out'. She was jumping up and down with gottcha glee as she cried "I know! Auntie Mabel and Pippin went there!" If you don't have to watch CeeBeebies you may not know this kindly lady ( Gladys Emmanuel from Open All Hours)and her dog who fly in a spotty aeroplane to find out thinks like how teapots are made or the stripe gets into toothpaste. She then went on to tell me all about it - not that it made much sense in the retelling but I have had to promise that we will go, after going to see Peter Rabbit of course, that has slightly higher priority. So Keswick Pencil Museum here we come. Actually there is a book in the library I had a glance through called 'Bollocks to Alton Towers' which is a guide to alternative days out and it got a very good write up so maybe it isn't as boring as it sounds. Will report back. I have a feeling this holiday may be a little different to what we have grown used to!!!!Oh we are off next Saturday for a week in the Lake district, mainly so Isabel and I can go to Woolfest. Rosemary, Johnnie and of course, Millie are coming along too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want a pink booster seat for me!!! Lucky Millie:)

gourdongirl said...

That booster seat is PINK! It sounds like you are going to have a fun filled holiday, and the icing on the cake....Woolfest! Unfortunately i won't manage down this year, maybe next. Having said that I haven't used all the stuff I bought last time!!!!