Sunday, June 10, 2007

Felting

Yesterday was the 3-D Felt making workshop which was my birthday present from James.It was at Rufford Country Park which is a wonderful place full of Art and Crafts and history. The workshop was run by Roz Beeson who had an exhibition of her work in the gallery there. It was a really good day and although when I saw what we were to make I thought - oh that's what I do already- she actually works in a different way to that which I learned when I did the City & Guilds and it was so much more effective and I had much better results.

Here is a 'pod' a shape I usually make, except they have all been round before and this one is oval. I actually managed to combine some open weave fabric.

Next a 'vase'. This was a completely new thing for me. It's started like a pod but then shrunk to fit onto the mold. This was my favourite piece of the day. It's in olive green tops with black cream and gold lace and net felted in.
Lastly I had some time left so I made a pouch in shades of rust and orange. I was too exhausted to think about making a handle for it so that's for another day. I will finish it off soon though. I might even needle felt a design onto it.


When I arrived home a neighbour appeared on the doorstep bearing a large parcel. This was a delivery from my Secret Pal in Germany and here it is;

Again it is full of good things. She asked if there was anything I would like to try and I suggested the bamboo sock yarn which she sent in a perfect colour. Then there is a jar of rose jam from Turkey which was yummy on my breakfast toast, especially sitting looking out into the garden which is full of beautiful roses just now. Next is the xenophobe's book of English to compliment the German one in the first package....it will be very interesting comparing the two!!!!! Also some paw prints to put on socks- I have never seen these before and a cute sheep badge for my sock project bag. Next, chili flavoured chocolate?? Oh yes, it really is delicious. Fortunately for my diet, a couple of squares a night are perfect. Then a box of chocolate capouchino. My SP says this is her favourite and I believe her -it is absolutely wonderful. Thanks SP you have done me proud once again!
We had Millie for a surprise sleep-over last night...just the job when exhausted from a long day's felting. She was very good though and today we met Rosemary and Johnnie for lunch at Attenborough.

The little garden which is our favourite part to visit is a picture just now (only I forgot to take one) It is full of wild followers, clovers, vetch, dog daisies. and the pond is full of lilies with iris and lots of other flowers around it. As they were leaving I asked Millie where she would like to go tomorrow as I will be looking after her again and she replied 'Attenborough' Oh well ...she used to say Ikea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Regarding the hyperlink problem... when you're typing your post, up in the top line of the box there is a little chain link icon... you type whatever word you want to be the link .... like .... Jenny then highlight that word, then click on the link button and a box will pop up and you type (or cut and paste) the address of whatever site you have in there and it will make it a link... try it :)
Jenny