Monday, June 4, 2007

Finished at last

I started knitting these socks on holiday at the end of April and, helped by two 45 minute bus journeys today, I finally kitchenered number two.Why was I on the bus? I have been in the habit lately of driving to the outskirts of Nottingham and taking the tram into the city centre but today I was ready early enough to catch the Rainbow 1. Sounds nice doesn't it - well it is okay- better perhaps than the jam of cars and lorries round the Motorway junction I drive under, better than standing toe to toe on the tram, better for the planet, arguable cheaper and a chance to knit.BUT it means leaving home at 7.20 instead of 7.35.
Here are the socks, knitted from the Trekking sent from Germany by my Secret Pal to Roza's socks- the pattern by Grumperina in the spring 07 Interweave Knits.

One day I shall buy some sock blockers. It is impossible to photograph socks elegantly on the feet, even when practicing yogalates! And yes, I know they are only fraternal twins, the stripes are not very obvious in the ball so I didn't worry about it but just knit as it came.

1 comment:

Reve said...

lovely socks. i'm really fond of that pattern.