Saturday, July 5, 2008

SP Questions of the week?????????

I am all behind with these questions of the week so this is a catch-up.
Week 2
As a kid, what did you look forward to most about summer vacation/break/holiday?

Crikey this is going back a bit. I really can't remember. I know they seemed endless and I remember groups of us going off over the fields in a free-range way that wouldn't happen today. I have small black and white snapshots reminding me of the holidays and day-trips we used to go on. Often we would set off early in the morning for a 2-3 hour drive to the sea side. This was when petrol was £1.00 for 4 gallons.

Week 3
What would you consider the perfect amount of stash?

Probably slightly less than I have. There is yarn in there I am sure I'll never use - not because of lack of time but lack of will as it was bought for all the wrong reasons - mainly cheapness which has turned out to be false economy. I must get it sorted and ebay'ed and only have stuff I love - that would be the perfect stash.

Week 4

1) What yarn (that you don’t have/haven’t used) would make your stash “complete”?
I love the colours in Habu yarns and Sublime - I never seem to buy them. I'd like to try the new yarns made from milk which are again lovely subtle colours, Handmaiden sea silk and Koigu. I expect there are lots more that I can't think of.
2) What yarn do you never want to be without?
Alpaca, lace weight and sock yarn. You can always start a new pair of socks when you don't know what to knit next. If you have been having size / tension issues a new shawl will take away those problems and alpaca is just good for a cuddle, especially if it's mixed lightly with a little silk.

No comments: