Thursday, July 17, 2008

SP question of the week

This week I am ahead of the game with the question of the week...in fact I am answering it in the actual week it is set!
Questions #6
What is your favorite type of project to take along on holiday/vacation?

The obvious answer for their portability is socks of course but I also love to take a nice lacy shawl.

Tell us about a time that you packed too much knitting or were stranded without knitting.
Well I have already told this story. See the post for Sunday June 29th.

Today I have been on strike along with thousands of other Unison members. We were on strike yesterday too but as I am usually off on Wednesdays Millie-minding, I didn't notice any difference. I took advantage of the day by having my eyes tested this morning. My prescription has hardly changed in the 3 years since I last went but glasses have so I ordered new ones. On the way I discovered, in an Ilkeston side street, a previously unknown LYS! For some reason (probably the cost of new specs) I didn't go in although I admit I was attracted by the King Cole sock yarn in the window. Now I have been reading how cheap and soft it is on a forum so maybe when I go to collect my glasses.....



This is a cardigan I have just finished in some Rowan Damask Bought at half price in John Lewis's sale. Did I mention I have hundreds of buttons, few of which are even pairs? Well I used some here. At least if I am bored it is something to look at.
Also today I have indulged in my slightly secret (people tend to smirk) pastime of scrap booking (no don't laugh- I can't help having a penchant for pretty papers and sticky bits) I have 'done' all the photos for our Welsh holiday and when I have the photos printed for the Yorkshire trip I shall defiantly do them too. So what if no one ever sees them.

No comments: