Monday, June 6, 2011

Dabbling

Isabel and I love to dabble in new crafts. A short while ago we went to the Beetroot Tree gallery in Duffield to have a go at crocheting in wire. When we went to the Sewing for Pleasure / Hobbycraft show we tried silk painting and drizzle embroidery but I think the one that gave us both the most satisfaction was the mosaic mirrors we made at Shipley Country Park.



I wish I had thought to take a photo before I grouted it because the difference it made was incredible. I guess if you have ever blocked lace you will know exactly what I mean.

Speaking of blocking lace seems a fine opportunity to add a photo of my latest Icarus. This was for the Ravelry International shawl swap. My shawl is still travelling to me internationally. I am really looking forward to it's arrival.

No comments: