Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday

Today Denby Pottery was celebrating the bicentennial. I thought I would like to see what was happening so, after baking and filling macaroons and whipping cream to cover a 'Dougal cake' (this is a line of chocolate chip cookies dipped in coffee and stood on end then covered with whipped cream so looking rather like Dougal from the Magic Roundabout) and walking Lily-the-Dog and before going to Sainsbury's to buy Soya cream for the vegan daughter's variation (naked Dougal;ginger biscuits dipped and stood with single cream poured over on serving) and going to Isabel's for a birthday lunch, I went along. It was great fun and I was very excited by the craft tent and food market with locally made chocolate, cupcakes, bread, cheese etc until I realised I had dashed out with £2.75 in my purse. Well I flexed the plastic in the gift shop as everything was 20% off and then heard an anouncement for someone to return to their car. Oh the shame and embarrassment! I don't know why I felt like that....nobody knew it was me. Apparently in my hurry I had left the window completely down! So I never got to see most of it as I realised time was rushing away. I'm sure everyone else enjoyed it though, there was a Victorian fairground, Pinxton Puppets and a charity stall staffed by a nice lady in Georgian costume complete with authentic anorak. (It was a chilly spot she was in)

No comments: