Sunday, June 21, 2009

Home again

Well we are back. Lily has been sprung from doggy jail and is snoring on the setee.
What a wonderful place we stayed in! This picture really does not do justice to it. You need to go round the back to see the view over the valley and sit out at breakfast on the decking to watch the finches, tits and woodpeckers feeding in the garden. We drove miles to the Llyn Peninsula to this beautiful cove


We walked all around a lake up in a mountain




Millie drove a train



We went to an Edwardian stables which had been converted to a craft centre. In the folly was a swift's nest with the mother flying in and out of the window feeding her young.



The wall inside was painted with farm animals



Llandudno was fun



On Wednesday I took James to the Wool & Willow festival. It was rather a long drive through the rain and I'm not sure it was really worth the trip but I'm glad we went or I'd have been wondering what I'd missed. On the way back we called in the Colinette Mill shop where I bought a skein of Jitterbug and some bargain skeins of Cadenza in Mist colourway.


It was really fortunate I bought the sock yarn as I got to the neckline of Millie's top and finished the back of my cardigan and could go no farther due to lack of appropriate needles. I did have some dpn's though and there was a pattern on the yarn band so I was able to crack on with some socks whilst Rosemary and Johnny discussed who should wear the results!


There was also wool at Trefriw Mill

No comments: