Sunday, April 12, 2009

Recent Knitting

Most of my knitting recently has been aimed at May 9th......the wedding day. At last all three bridesmaid's wraps are ready.



The last one is currently blocking after a dunk in Floral flavour Soak so Isabel's shawl is still looking like this;



a heap of nothingness awaiting it's turn on the spare bed.

I have also taken it upon myself to embroider a cover for the Guests book. I have stamped the same design as on the stationary and gone over it in silver thread. There remains some wording to add and then the stress of trying to cover the book neatly - what was I thinking?

I nearly knitted myself a Veronique from 'French Girl Knits'



Doesn't it look lovely? Mine didn't, it looked strange, so it is frogged and I have started a Pashmina shrug from Interweave Knits Spring 2003.



This is rather a simpler design being just 2 sleeves and a back so I hope it will be okay but I still hanker after the Veronique.

1 comment:

Janiannie said...

Oh poor Veronique...had thought she was an excellent choice but only you have seen her in the flesh!

Your second choice looks pretty darn good and will go beautifully with your stunning dress so I hope this attempt passes muster.

All your wedding knitting looks so good and the blocked one is exquisite..can't wait to see you all in your finery on the 9th!

Very little knitting happening here you wont be surprised to hear!x