Sunday, April 12, 2009

Days out

Last Wednesday was the first time for ages that Millie and I had a day out. Even Millie reminisced recently about when we used to go out. We spent a cheap(ish) day in Nottingham. Well the tram fares are pricey and I didn't think the conductor would believe that the giant child was under 5. We went first to the library for a Gruffalo Party. It is 10 years since Julia Donaldson wrote the first Gruffalo book and although I don't really like going to my place of work on a day off it is actually quite nice to see the place from the other side and Millie had a lovely time playing games and making masks, especially as Other Millie who we used to see at Attenborough was there!



After we prised them apart with promises to get together at half-term we went up to see the Lauren Child exhibition at the Castle. I think Millie actually enjoyed the Seaside room more but that's okay. Then came the ice cream



You would have been proud of me - I didn't have one!! Okay maybe I finished off Millie's leavings but you can't be too careful about littering these days.

Millie then persuaded me that I wanted to go on the Wheel of Nottingham. We are no longer able to call it The Nottingham Eye after London threatened to sue because obviously people don't know there capital from their provincial city.
I actually enjoyed this until we were stuck right at the top whilst people got off the bottom for what seemed like ages and I was just beginning to think I didn't really like it when we started moving again.

No comments: