Thursday, February 19, 2009

Serendipity or Don't Tell the Bride!

Don't tell the bride that I have taken time off from the wedding knitting to knit myself a cardi. I used some British Alpaca bought at Wonderwool last year to knit a pattern from Rowan Studio 11. It's the Cardigan with Ties but with three quarter length sleeves and in a totally different yarn with a completely different gauge.I managed to work out that knitting the smallest size would come out just about right and happily it did.


Here above is a detail of the lace part.
Serendipity, after trawling Ebay, Etsy and the Heanor Antique centre for a buckle, brooch or some kind of fastener as I didn't care for the bow at the front, I found this

in the staff room at work. A few of us had organised a charity sale/swap of costume jewellery and there, waiting for me was the perfect piece!. We have so far made over £80 with the sale to be split between Barnardo's and Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust (just because Isabel works there)

No comments: