Thursday, November 13, 2008

Special Saturday

What a lovely day I had last Saturday! First it was the Rowan coffee morning at John Lewis in Nottingham which has happily fallen on my Saturday off the last several times - it can't last. It's a really enjoyable couple of hours of peaceful knitting and Danish pastries. I had lunch in the coffee shop then crossed town to the Bead Shop where I met Rosemary and Isabel for a workshop in Chain Mail jewelry. What a challenge that was! I haven't done any kind of jewelry making for many years and then it wasn't much so to learn this completely new technique was a really big thing especially as I had just watched someone trying to teach a left hander how to crochet and felt really frustrated. My compliments to the patience of the tutor for the fact that I came away with a wearable bracelet and an urge to do more.

No comments: