Sunday, June 15, 2008

W.I.P's

As nothing seems to have been cast off the needles as opposed to pulled to pulled off the needles and thrown in a corner, I thought I would round up my UFO's and shame myself into getting something finished. Even now I am remembering there is another sock somewhere and I also, in a Freudian kind of way, forgot the silk thing. Anyway - here goes - worst first:



What on earth is that? You ask. That is Stylecraft Sirocco which has been on and off the needles several times as it doesn't seem to know what it wants to be and I don't much like knitting with it as it is rather rough.



I bought this sock yarn at Wonderwool.It is one of Opal's
Hundertwasser
range and the colours in the ball were intriguing. I love the concept of basing yarn on art but when knitted up this one is just yucky.



More socks and I am making some progress on these. It is Noro Kureyon sock yarn I was sent in a swap on the Angelyarns forum. It's not the softest but I understand it improves on washing - either that or the wearer will exfoliate as they walk!



This is the Alpaca I bought at Wonderwool. The pattern is the flared cardigan in Studio 8. It keeps getting left because it seems a bit wintry.



Here is Icarus in a hand painted merino laceweight I bought years ago from Ebay. This is slightly in disgrace because having almost reached the end I realised a) i was going to run out of wool no matter how fast I knitted and b) I had a big hole just after the start of the feathers where I had somehow dropped a stitch. Frog tink frog........corner. only temporary though.



last of the ones that attended the camera call is the current favourite. Green (very)Rowan Wool Cotton from John Lewis at the last Knitting Coffee morning. I am making it up as I go along (ish) The edging is from Nicky Epstein's knitting on the edge. watch this space to see if any of these dear old friends make it.

No comments: