Sunday, May 11, 2008

Vacation time

Our holiday in Wales is sadly over but we had a great time. The weather was beginning to improve and the last few days were lovely.
This was our bungalow
What the picture doesn't show is all the sheep at the back door!
On the first day I took off on my own to Wonderwool . Thank goodness for my new Satnav which took me all the way there and back with no complications. (She was company on the journey too) I had a lovely woolly day although I bought very little. Mainly a pack of light coloured alpaca from a company in Devon and some sock wool. The rest of the party had headed off to the Welsh Mountain Zoo and had a good day there. I had a call from Rosemary to say they couldn't find a shop to buy any tea so I was able to go to the attached food show and buy sausages and goats cheese.
Later in Llangollen we had lunch in a watermill beside the river

Then I took Millie to the Pontcysyllte Viaduct

(don't mention the coat)
Here we are - looking chilly on the beach at Colwyn Bay.

Then we had lots of fun in a forest park Coed Y Brenin north of Dolgellau



Friday happened to be my birthday and the excuse for me to take everyone off to Portmeirion for the day. It was fabulous. Much better with an entranced 4 year old who can't get enough of mermaids.




This was followed by a visit to the beach at Criccieth where the weather was much better

and we all enjoyed a paddle.

On the last morning, on the way home we went back to Llangollen for a trip on the horse drawn barges

1 comment:

Cinders said...

Glad you all enjoyed your holiday. great photos. And you made Wonderwool. Lucky you!