Saturday, May 24, 2008

The one I missed out.

When I listed my WIP's I forgot the one in the Debbie Bliss Pure Silk. I was delighted with the bargain in this yarn I found at Coldspring Mill last Spring. It is a beautiful coral colour and at 99p a skein a billy-bargain. Trouble is it doesn't seem to want to be anything. I don't know how many garments I have cast on for....I have bits of at least 4.... but either I decide I don't like the pattern after all or make silly errors and throw it down in disgust and instead of persevering I give up on it....because I had decided I didn't like that design anyway. Of course it has a whole lot more drape than I am used to. Now I have bought Debbie Bliss's book Coastlines, largely because I love this and have decided the latest incarnation is to be this. It should be in Cathay but the tension seems okay. Fingers crossed for getting to the end!!!!

1 comment:

Janiannie said...

Really love the one you've settled on..wonder what sort of a mess I'd manage to make of it! Bet Isabel will want the other one, looks like a light grey so that would figure.

What with our coffee and lunch time meetings and K3 adventures...when SP12 gets going and you post here every week I shall feel even more in touch with you than when we worked together!