Sunday, May 18, 2008

Secret Pal

I accidentally discovered through Ravelry that the sign-ups are happening for SP12 and I signed up. This means making a resolution to post here at least once a week - oh dear! I hope I can do it.
I could report what I am knitting currently. I think I have 4 projects on the go which isn't like me. It is normally 1 sock and one other but I'm not very excited by anything I have on the needles at the moment so it's just dibbing in and out.
1) socks in the wool I bought at Wonderwool. So that is why it was cheap. It looks good in the ball but the colours are a bit yukky when knitted up. I have just received 4 fabulous skeins of sock yard from America in the Ravelry Birthday swap and I feel abandonment of this pair in favour of one of these approaching. I must take a picture of the generous package I received from Ggirl.It was really great.
2) Orange cardi for Millie. Although she chose the yarn and the pattern my grandmotherly instinct tells me she won't wear it................
3) A cardi for me from the cream alpaca I bought at Wonderwool. I think I need to revisit the pattern decision on this one.
4) Icarus in some hand painted lace weight I have been hoarding forever.
This last one is the most favoured but it just doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Oh well.
Mmmm if all my four posts per month are this moaney maybe I'll be excused. Tee Hee.

1 comment:

Cinders said...

hope you find your knitting a bot more inspiring! I go through phases like that.