Saturday, December 1, 2007

Swap bot swap

My swapping addiction continues but I have it a little more under control. Now, when browsing Swapbot I don't just think 'I could do that' but also 'would I want one?' For instance, ages ago I did a swap based on a fundraising idea we used when I ran a playgroup where the children had to cram as many things as possible into a matchbox. Now as this is fun and cheap it has really taken off and lots are organised by various people with various themes. I keep being drawn to them but STOP! I really don't need yet another cubic inch of bits. However I have just done a European knitter's swap.My fabulous parcel arrived yesterday from Fiona in Edinburgh and what a beauty it is!

Here it all is. Twilleys Freedom Spirit I know is perfect for felting. There is a skein of Noro Iro and 2 different shades of Mission Falls 1824 wool which tone with the Noro - I must try to think of a way of incorporating them all together -any suggestions? There is also a great notebook and 3 toggle buttons who were camera shy and hid while the photo was being taken. But wait...what is that.....

It is silk, but not just silk...beautiful, beautiful silk from Teo's shop on the Isle of Skye. I really love this and can't wait to finish the boring Grey cardi I am knitting for Rosemary's Johnnie's Christmas present.
Oh and then there was

This card with a rosette made from Scottish tweed with a vintage button which looks perfect on a red cardigan. Thanks so much Fiona.

No comments: