Thursday, August 28, 2008

SP Questions catch up

I have just visited by Secret Pal's blog and realised I am way behind on the SP questions. She gives such great answers I am a little disappointed that I don't do better.
What is the best thing you've ever received in the mail/post?

Well I have received lots of thrilling swap parcels. I love to get things from these Secret Pal swaps as everyone is a knitting enthusiast and likely to chose good things. I became a bit obsessed with swap bot and got some lovely packages but also some not so useful and some not at all. I have now gone through that phase thank goodness, it was getting rather expensive.
What is your proudest knitting moment??
Again I am struggling to answer. Maybe the first shawl I knitted which was Flower basket, or the first time I turned a heel. I am currently knitting a Shetland style shawl and got completely stuck on 4 rows on the triangle part. I don't know how many times I had to frog them so I have decided my recent proudest moment was when I finally got past that that point.
What is that one project that you’ve never been able to complete?
This is easier. There are two yarns I love but am struggling to work into a garment; some Debbie Bliss pure silk in a lovely coral and some Alpaca & silk in teal. I guess I just don't do soft and drapey.

No comments: