Wednesday, January 6, 2010

SP 15 Questionaire

What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely not like? I like natural fibres not thicker than double knit

What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? A really old knitting bag bought by my daughter and late mother for me as a birthday or Christmas gift circa 1983. The ones I use most often are stuck in the corner of a big old basket where I keep a selection of yarn by where I knit

How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for very many years and I am intermediate.
Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Amazon

What’s your favorite scent?
Rose

Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh yes. dark chocolate, ginger,

What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don't spin but I sew and occasionally wet felt


What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I'm afraid I am not very musical

What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I like greens and blues, plums and dusty rose
I don't like beige

What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my husband and neurotic dog. Our daughters are grown up and we have a 6 year old grandchild

Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
scarves and mittens yes. I have one knitted hat I can wear -Quincy by Jared Flood

What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Shawls, socks, cardis

What are you knitting right now?
One of each of the above

Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes I do

Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
bamboo or plastic, as short as I can get away with

Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a vintage inefficient swift

How old is your oldest UFO?
Possibly about 5 years. Not so much a UFO as some yarn which I can't quite find the right project for so keep unravelling

What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
Christmas

Is there anything that you collect?
Pottery baskets

Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I'd love a copy of Made in Brooklyn.
I subscribe to Knitting, IK and Piecework. I keep meaning to subscribe to Vogue Knitting but haven't got round to it yet.

Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
rather than new techniques I'd like to improve my fairisle

Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes I knit socks but mostly for other people.
I have a dainty size 4 Uk 37 continental

When is your birthday?
May 2nd

Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?
Mazzam

No comments: